Friday 4 December 2009

A Few Steps Away

You are FUCKING CRAZY
With your acid temper and that unpredictable
Grounding fist. I peel away the layers of
Unconsidered retorts from your blackened lips
Still no Answer. nudged the table so
Fast I spilled my tea and ruined my book,
Your eyes flared and I knew you wanted to scream and
Erupt with confusion and longing.
Your face feels so aged beneath my palm
Your eyelids stretch open and you tense up
and down until you have to stand and leave the room.
The leaves outside in the wind hold your gaze
For as long as you can see them
And again you grind your teeth.
The Bastards! They have you again, locked into a battle
with your wits your memory your knowledge your fear and your hope.
Ocean rides before you and you wade in and 
Stamp your feet into the sand, wish it were concrete,
Water awakens taste in your mouth, repulsion, emersion fills your finger tips,
unholy thoughts. Compulsion to join the great force of the waves
As they batter angrily for all eternity into the rock face,
Chipping away - murderer of the lands.
I see the sea air brush your ankles as you emerge haphazardly from the tide
No element seems to envelop you wholly.
You take my hand. You hold me close and I feel loss and foreboding.
That time exists, that the next moment is a gift seems forgotten.
Later you make me laugh most indulgently,
You inspire passion in one sitting close and one standing far away,
Your body moves majestically whimsically through the pub and
I can't keep from staring at you, like you might disappear at any minute and
I wonder is that your intention or your condition or is it just me cause I've been
drinking too much. Face that I want to sleep against.
I watch you grab at the flesh of another, caressing and biting at ears and lips
And neck, dark sodden breath in the air. I hear your lament echoing.
When there is a power cut later at home, the four of us get up, and rush around
Pretty much just from the excitement of lighting candles
And the thought of blackout sex and adventure. You stay quite still.
Unexpected dark quite plainly assailing your evening, evenings.
Table lamp flickers on suddenly and a grey air dispels from around your eyes
You hold my gaze and I know I'll always see you teeter on the verge of something
Other than me. Torsos rub together and you'll be close for as long as I can hold you.
And when after comes my imagination will brake down in time with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment