Wednesday 8 June 2011

The Horse

Dirt on the wheels of the cart seems to mimic my grimace,
Hoofs in the mud fighting off insects and climbing away from the earth.
Down down down the road
Past the old pub, too many late nights and holes in pockets,
The horse majestic
And me in the tails of its majesty
In the eye of the horse such a wild nature
Unpredictability.
Can a man be so justifiably at one with the wind?
Still like the horse we can only move forward.
I have fear
The horse knows my fear
I am he he am I
The horse knows no constraints of morality
Still he manages to be noble.
The battering of the wind and those hoofs on the ground
The mud draws a thousand pictures on my trouser legs
The sky above me growing by the second
The horse dominant under the sky and myself beside him.
We will walk together.
Find me by the river.
Find me by the gate.
I find sleep and when I wake the horse is gone
I hear the gallop in my mind
Go go go go go go go gog og gog ogg go
The wind as time chases the horse across the field
I am chased
The horizon seems small when you are on the run
Oh to walk again so slow and find stillness
The sky need not loom but be a pool to dive into
I wonder on that horse
I wonder on the wild;
When I find him once again I will learn to ride
The wind will no longer chase me but support me into the big blue
Big blue that is in my heart that is my soul
The sun that is in my heart that is my soul
With the heart of the horse that beats beats beats so rhythmically
Then you will find me wild under that big blue
Standing walking running strong under that big blue with the heart of a horse.
I wake next to a gate I find that I know the heart of a horse
I know fear and loneliness I know pride and wisdom
I have the heart of a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment