Wednesday 6 July 2011

3 Friends, 3 Enemies

Big, brown, beautiful and burst,
You reside in the house of a friend.
I sink slowly into you 
As my eyes roll back and I seek oblivion.
Cracked leather tickles my fingers,
gives me pleasure.
Constant creaking under me 
As I shift and jig on top of you.
How many secrets do you know?
Has a fancy of mine indulged on top of you?
You groan at chewing gum which falls from my mouth and coats your skin.
I stare at it blankly then forget it
And continue swilling beer from a can before i beg:
Release me my taxi fare home old and dear confidant of mine?


Royal blue, regal yellow,
How majestic you are in comparison to me,
The greying lump that mounts you with great force.
I weep and see your distinguished figure crushed by my indignation to rise.
Your grandeur becomes sodden with sweat,
How ghastly this scene has become,
A turd on a sliver platter.
Still your great arms almost hug me
As I hold on tight and wait for the morning.
Violent shakes and blurts of my insides
Do their best to make you look ironic.
I roll off and you slowly puff out to your original beauty,
I neglect to thank you for your patience.


Your attributes almost entirely hidden
By knitted blankets of
Red, green, yellow, blue, pink, white, purple, black.
Under the woolen mantle,
As well as me,
Lies your dark wooden structure
and adornments of pale green with embroidered flowers.
Again I'm a slump and again I make you look ironic,
I seem to mock those flowers
As they do everything they can to be sweet.
My nails cut into you without pity,
You are stoic and support me regardless.
If you were wise and really cared
You'd spring into action and see me on my way.
But why should you care,
When I just trickled Irn Bru down your side
With no intention of clearing it up.




           ..................................................... 








No comments:

Post a Comment