Tuesday 9 March 2010

after it all

First realizations of lust creeping along the sofa
with you cracking the whip
Laughs begin to bubble before they can be sure they are amused
A coy radiance chances to awaken the senses
The moment plays host to a wave of alteration
and finally our eyes meet with sharpened intent
glazed over inhibition and one imagination


At once I am torn
I long to stay at this inception and reconcile with uncertainty
Yet I wish this intoxicated haze would lift
so I could see us through a clear lens
Back down the rabbit hole
and I'm happy just to lay with you
But we don't
And in your grasp I find again my humanity
and everything is stripped away
In this simplicity there is nothing to speak
and I hold your gaze long and delicately


I leave before the morning 
and one night remains unsoiled by too much thought
Should we meet again
I know I'll have only the moment
and my senses
to rely on

No comments:

Post a Comment