Friday 19 March 2010

Because of the Living

Because I may sit among you I light my soul for a look in your eye,
Because I may distinguish your expression from a thousand others I climb high out of the earth to risk a fall,
Because your laugh mixes with the squeals found in nature I furrow the earth of my heart and I take you in as my own.
Because the dirt may stick to your skin, blemish your holiness, exude your confusion, because I can feel your hand squirm in mine or grab me in need or release me with exactitude I bare my face, my body and I take relish in the sound of my voice echoing in the field,
Because your soft thighs thrust with such vitality and lust I shave my head to feel the air closer to my innards,
Because the sound of your song fills my soul with such gentle murmurs and vibrates in my memory whenever I wish, I throw myself to the bluest sea and I swim till exhaustion to the glorious shore,
Because your sweat mixes with sin and the saintly, because you speak of love and passionate revenge, I colour my mind with unimaginable pride and fear and luxurious wealth of self,
Because you expel breath against my neck and leave footprints in the mud I raise my arms to the sky and I thrash relentlessly in the beauty of the unimpinged reach of humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment