Friday 23 October 2009

Hangover

Presumably they call it a hangover cause when you have one you can often be found hanging over the toilet looking for Huey. And the association that a hangover has of being undesirable is maybe not least because of what you might dip your nose in while hanging over the said toilet. Well I don't actually 'hang over' very often, in fact I usually just lay on my back, holding my head, occasionally moan. So it occurred to me that maybe it should be called a 'lay' but then I remembered the other connotations that that word has and thought that the people would probably think it untoward if someone were to announce they were so very 'laid', people wouldn't know if they were coming or going. I suppose the phrase 'hangover' isn't necessarily specific to the toilet. You can hang over the sink or out the window, you could hang over a bridge or if you were really taken by surprise you could just hang over the side of the table or the sofa. Anyway the point is I'm hungover and I'd rather be upstanding. I'm off to the pub, I've finally managed to track down Huey.



No comments:

Post a Comment