Saturday 3 October 2009

An Old Friend



We'd had a few days of parties and fun in the snow, tomorrow came the thaw. An outright, honest question took me by surprise. I mean we do generally dance around the awkward issues, that dance that we do, i like to call it the 'anyway you like jig', I mean you come across a person who 'ums' and chums' and sporadically 'kabooms' your senses and I would forgive you for thinking they were simply charming because actually they are an expert at the 'anyway you like jig'. Well I was in the throws of a jig with an unnamed other when I was asked an outright, honest question that took me by surprise. I will always remember the feeling of snapping into reality that night, as if Dazzle and Faux had just realized they were way off schedule and suddenly flew from the scene. This is what happened, the overseer of our fun, my snowman, did his best to lean in my direction, when he was sure he had caught my attention he whispered out the corner of his mouth -  "How long till morning?"


1 comment:

  1. It’s the best feeling to have. Everything looses up and goes away, the doubt only happens after. I guess that’s the reason it’s such an unfamiliar feeling, usually the doubt weighs down too much and the wings don’t fly. Time, too. Time must be made for it.

    ReplyDelete