Tuesday 10 November 2009

Request

Patti breathe hard, Patti breathe heavy,
My constricted chest pines for your resolve.
Drop black lace atop my eyes,
In your shroud of passion I immerse ever deeper.
Hum gently your musings into my ear,
The rain will punctuate your words, my inspiration.
Patti hold me close, Patti hold me tight,
Let me press my head to your heart a while,
In your embrace I feel enlightened, beyond satisfaction,
Your hands hold the power of countless noble battle cries.
You make me come undone.
Patti listen to the aching quiet with me,
A thousand lines then spring into mind.
Guide a young fool poet to a green bed,
Teach me how to listen to the truth.
Patti awaken in me the rapturous instinct
Which you use to define your days, your world.
Patti lay with me, Patti wake with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment